Senior lecturer in Economics at Newcastle University
● airline regulation;
● сompetition policy;
● іnfrastructure investment;
● natural monopolies.
1) Wizzair’s Departure – Ukrainian Government Has a Lesson to Learn (2015);
2) What is the Inflation Rate in Ukraine (in cooperation with the EB of VoxUkraine, 2015);
3) Assessing NBU’s Foreign Exchange Policy Shift (in cooperation with the EB of VoxUkraine, 2015);
4) Pros And Cons Of The Ukrainian Government Proposal To Hike Gas Tariffs For The Population (in ccooperation with the EB of VoxUkraine, 2015);
5) Ukraine should (not?) raise energy tariffs for babushkas! (in cooperation with Tymofiy Mylovanov, 2015);
6) New Airline Market Rules Make No Sense (2014);
8) Analysis of the Project of Coalition Agreement (in cooperation with the EB of VoxUkraine, 2014);
9) Ending the Russian-Ukrainian War (in cooperation with Tymofiy Mylovanov, Yuriy Gorodnichenko, Oleksandr Talavera, 2015).
1) Volodymyr Bilotkach: New aviation rules harm competition, damage government’s reputation (KyivPost, 2014);
2) How to book the cheapest airline flight (in cooperation with Yuriy Gorodnichenko, The Washington Post, 2014);
3) Losing access to online distribution platforms cost American Airlines more than $50 million in revenues (in cooperation with Nicholas Rupp and Vivek Pai, LSE, 2014);
4) Oil prices have nosedived. Why aren’t air fares doing the same? (Dawn.com, 2014);
5) When to Book Your Plane Ticket: A Guide (in cooperation with Yuriy Gorodnichenko, The Atlantic, 2014);
6) Frequent flying is getting a lot more rewarding – for those at the very top (in cooperation with Yuriy Gorodnichenko, The Conversation, 2014);
7) So when should you book that flight? The truth on airline prices (in cooperation with Yuriy Gorodnichenko, The Conversation, 2014);
8) What happens when a network carrier disappears? Case of Malev bankruptcy (AirNeth, 2013);
9) Southwest Airlines’ last-minute fares not always the best deal, economist finds (Psyh.org, 2007).
Hromadske International. The Sunday Show – New Government Regulation Suggests Business As Usual In Ukraine (November 2014)